The Perfect Mug Brownie!
Everyone loves a good Brownie, specially if its super fresh straight from the microwave and tastes just as good as you anticipate. I have my famous mug brownie recipe for you today. They taste so good and will leave you wanting to make another one.
What You’ll Need:
* See Tips Below.
2 Tablespoons Tap Water
40g Butter ( I usually just scoop two big desert spoons )
1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Essence*
2 tablespoons of Cocoa powder*
1/3 cup Plain Flour
1/3 cup caster sugar*
Pinch of salt
1. Melt the butter in the mug that you will be using. Doing this first makes things so much easier and less dishes.
2. Add the water, vanilla essence, and cocoa powder. mix well.
3. Add all of the dry ingredients. mixing with a fork has proven easiest for me.
4. Place in the centre of the microwave. turn the microwave on high for 60-75 seconds (using an 1100 Watt microwave). 60 seconds results on a molten centre. 75 seconds will result in a more thoroughly cooked brownie.
5. Place brownie aside for 5 mins to cool. It will be very hot. If your like me and can’t wait you can place it in the fridge for a couple of minutes.
6. Serve plain or with a dollop of ice-cream.
If you do not have vanilla essence that is fine, this is just for flavouring.
Instead of cocoa powder you could use milo or nesquik or you can just have plain vanilla. I have also mixed it up before and added fruit to plain vanilla brownie, which has come out quite nice, specially with blueberries.
If you do not have caster sugar, don’t stress. I have many times used raw sugar and it has turned out fine.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I do. I love making one and sitting on the lounge watching TV having it with my coffee. TBH, it is my little treat as soon as my daughter goes down for a nap, specially if its been “one of THOSE days”. It is my little break, enjoying it as much as I can.
Thanks for reading, If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to subscribe to “The Weekly Chat” fresh to your inbox every Saturday morning. Where I will share exclusive content that only you, as my subscriber will receive.
Until next time,